Thursday 10 May 2012

St James Gate

May 10, 2012, Thursday

I had a quick diner at St James Gate on Kent Street tonight and I have to say that I am quite impressed with the place.  We enjoyed the quick and friendly service of the waitresses, we had also seen the Chef out in the Dining room being personable with a couple that was ordering and discussing the menu.

I ordered the Chicken Carbonara which was hearty sized portion that was perfect for a nice evening meal.  The sauce was creamy and well permeated with the bacon flavour.  Perfectly cooked pasta with the perfect amount of vegetables and roasted chicken.  I am going to chalk that dish up to one of my favourite  meals in Charlottetown.

I also tasted the meal of my dining companion whom had ordered the Pulled Pork, the pork is not the traditional BBQ but a new twist which is very juicy, the only issue we had with the pulled pork was that is seemed like it was not properly drained and there was pork water that made the bun wetter then it should have been.  We had it with the Potato Wedges as the side for it and although the seasonings were delicious we were both under the impression that there was too much of it on the wedge and the wedges felt gritty.

I was only in and out today so I just had an entrĂ©e straight fired and did not get a desert.  I am very pleased and plan to go back often, I also heard they are going to put the Happy Hour burger back on the menu as a permanent item.

My Regards to the Staff of the Gate
Patrick O'Mally

No comments:

Post a Comment